Building the Love of Learning
Three Year Olds grow tremendously during their year at Friends Together. We foster their growing sense of independence by enabling them to find – and put away – their favorite activities. We encourage their imaginations through puppetry, dress-up and storytelling. We help them discover what makes themselves unique, and explore the meaning of being a friend.
It’s a year of many firsts, and great leaps in learning. Children work on fine motor skills to build a framework for writing. Letters and their sounds become second nature as they are reinforced through reading books and doing activities. Students conquer math concepts by helping them put numbers into everyday use. We explore the world outdoors and build an early love of science and nature. You will see your child’s language and expression explode during this transformative year.
Your child’s day will include time in our Gym space, the spacious multi-purpose room, our own nursery classroom, and weather permitting, our outdoor space. See photos of our school here.
A sampling of some of our special programs throughout the year
- Penguin unit, followed by Penguin Pajama Day
- Famous Artists Unit, with our amazing Art Show
- Earth Day, where we plant flowers and learn about recycling
We offer several options for three year olds. Contact us if you’d like to arrange a tour or discuss what is best for your child.
- Three Hour Program – 9 AM – 12 PM. These classes take place in our 4 Manhasset Avenue building and follow the Nursery calendar.
- Extended Day Program – 9 AM – 2 PM. These classes take place in our 21 Yennicock Avenue building and follow the Enrichment calendar.
- We also offer programs for late stay up to 6:30 PM; contact us for further information