It’s Like Preschool – All Day, Every Day.
Our goal is to provide a warm and creative environment to foster young children’s imaginations, curiosity and enhance their natural desire to learn and explore. Our programs are designed to encourage creative thinking, practice self-regulation, sharpen communication skills, and learn nurturing and cooperative behaviors, through a child-centered curriculum with an emphasis on creating a safe and stimulating atmosphere.
Our curriculum-based program utilizes developmentally-appropriate activities designed to encourage each age group to explore and master the world around them. Each age group has a unique curriculum and facility designed to meet their specific needs and developmental stages.
- Our Early Childhood Program is for children aged 18 months to just under 3, located at 6 Manhasset Ave
- Our Enrichment Daycare Program is for preschoolers aged 3-5, located at 21 Yennicock Avenue
- Our hours are 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM daily, with late stay available until 6:30 for an additional fee. Holiday closures are noted in the calendar.
Our Quality Enrichment/Day Care Program includes:
- Positive interactions between children and teachers in a safe, engaging environment.
- Developmentally appropriate activities such as; small and gross motor activities, block building, imaginative play, hands on games and manipulatives, language development, story time, art, movement and music, science and math exploration, and much more.
- Library- designed for story time and quiet reading.
- Outdoor Area – a protected outdoor space designed for year round use.
- Outdoor garden – designed for play and exploration.
Fostering a Love of Learning
Each child is an active participant in his or her own learning in a safe and nurturing environment. Learning occurs as children are encouraged to move freely and independently making individual choices and exploring. Children have the opportunity to build peer relationships and develop social and emotional confidence as they learn and develop respect for others.
Through small group and large group activities children develop self-esteem and essential life skills through varied activities including; art, music, movement, storytelling, language arts, cultural exploration, science, math, block building and manipulatives, imaginary play, and much more! In our program the emphasis is on creative expression and exploration through hands – on, child centered activities.
Weather permitting, the children play outside daily on climbing equipment and ride their bikes in the bike area. The children participate in planting and digging days as they play, work and explore nature in our outdoor garden. An outdoor snack is often enjoyed on our picnic tables in the nice weather. Music and movement exploration and sports and fitness are lots of fun for everyone in our indoor gym.
A variety of enrichment classes are offered each term, click here to see the current schedule.